About Connecticut Concrete by A. Aiudi & Sons Concrete
A. Aiudi & Sons Concrete LLC. was started in 1923 by Alipio Aiudi. He was a Connecticut concrete contractor performing all types of concrete and masonry work. As a start-up company, he operated out of his home in New Britain, Connecticut. His early years were occupied with sidewalk construction in the City of New Britain and the surrounding municipalities. He built his business on craftsmanship above and beyond the industry standard.
It was not long before the business outgrew the family home. In 1936 the business was relocated to Camp Street in Plainville, where it remains today. It was also at this time that six of Alpio's children came to work for him.
In 1941 a batch plant and two concrete mixers were purchased to manufacture and deliver ready mix concrete. At this time most of our business was concrete construction, but the new plant enabled us to be a ready mix producer. By 1949, Alipio retired and his sons took over the business. In the 1970's, the original Connecticut concrete plant was replaced by a new and modern facility. The nature of the business had now changed. Some contracting work was still done, but the majority of the business was producing ready mix concrete.
Eventually the children retired and left the business to the youngest son Elmo Aiudi. He has carried on the tradition of a strong work ethic and instilled this to his children, five of whom now work with him.
A. Aiudi & Sons started as a family business and today the third generation continues that tradition. Our business philosophy remains unchanged with customer service and a superior product at the foundation of our operation. We remain committed to our customers with loyalty, fairness, respect and personalized attention.